What is Project SEARCH?
Project SEARCH is a unique business-led, one-year, school-to-work, transition program designed to help fifth-year high school seniors with disabilities to gain competitive entry-level employment skills. The Project SEARCH program occurs onsite at Licking Memorial Health Systems (LMHS).
The cornerstone of Project SEARCH is total immersion in the LMHS environment. Each day, the interns will spend 1.5 hours learning employability skills in the classroom. They will also participate in three internships/experiences throughout the year where they will learn competitive entry-level skills.
Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
Licking Memorial Hospital, First Floor Conference Room
Friday, February 9, 2024
Monday, March 4, 2024
Tuesday, March 5, 2024
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Licking Memorial Hospital, Auditorium (Ground Floor)
Tours by Appointment
Contact Dennis Love
(740) 345-3290, ext. 2025
Complete and Submit Application by February 9th, 2024
Dennis Love, Project Search Coordinator
Licking Regional Educational Service Center
145 N. Quentin St.
Newark, Ohio 43055
- Students 18-21 years old.
- Have finished the necessary credits for graduation. The student must have met all the requirements to graduate, but must not be considered a graduate by their home district in order to participate.
- Benefit from participating in a variety of internships
- Possess a desire to work competitively at the end of the Project SEARCH program.
- Students must be enrolled in their home district during their senior year of high school.
- The student’s IEP team approves of the placement into Project SEARCH. The student’s district of residence Special Education Director must be a part of this IEP team decision.
- The student must be eligible for services with Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities and have completed a work experience prior to applying for Project SEARCH.
Licking Memorial Health Systems (Host Business Site)
Licking Regional Educational Service Center (Provides Teacher)
Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (Provides Funding for Job Coaches)
Licking County Board of Developmental Disabilities (Provides after Internship Support)
Our County Schools: Provides Student Intern Candidates and Financial Support
Granville Exempted Village Schools
Heath City Schools
Johnstown Monroe Local School
Lakewood Local School
Licking Heights Local School
Licking Valley Local School
Newark City Schools
North Fork Local School District
Northridge Local School District
Southwest Licking Local Schools