2023-24 Meeting Dates: 9/19/2023, 11/14/2023, 2/13/2024, 5/14/2024
CERTIFIED STAFF MEMBERS – IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER
- An IPDP is required for all staff members who hold a 5-Year Professional Administrator and/or Teaching License.
- All IPDPs must be submitted on the Kiosk.
- IPDPs can be revised in the Kiosk at any time. Be sure to update your IPDP each time your license is renewed.
- To renew a five year professional license, you must have 18 CEUs or 180 contact hours.
- All coursework and/or professional development activities must be submitted on the Kiosk.
- When submitting contact hours for conversion to CEUs:
- Go to the Kiosk and follow the prompts.
- Upload/Attach attendance certificates and verification documents.
- PublicSchoolWorks courses should be accumulated and entered as one activity annually in the spring. Print and send your PSW transcript for verification.
- Once complete, do NOT enter your supervisor. Instead, submit to the LPDC for final approval.
- Coursework and/or professional development activities will not be approved if completed prior to the approval of your IPDP.
- Contact hours older than 13 months from completion will not be converted to CEUs. Please submit hours in a timely fashion.
- Certificate/license renewals should be in process no later than May 1st of the year in which they expire.
“The Treasurer of a Board of Education may not draw a check for the payment of compensation to a teacher until such Treasurer has received from the Superintendent a written statement that the teacher has filed a valid educator’s license, or true copy of such license. The statement from the Superintendent of schools must show that the license is a proper license for the grades and subjects to be taught, and the dates of its validity. As an exception to this general rule, however, a Treasurer is permitted to pay a teacher for services rendered during the first two months of his initial employment with the school district, provided that (1) the teacher is the holder of a bachelor’s degree or higher, and (2) the teacher has filed an application with the State Board of Education for a provisional or professional license.”
It is YOUR responsibility to renew your license prior to expiration. Please provide a copy of your valid credential to the administrative office each time it is renewed and then, update your IPDP!